On 24th July 1889 twelve former pupils of the King's School, Rochester met in the Holborn Viaduct Hotel, London and resolved "that a Society to be called The Old Roffensian Society be and is hereby constituted". At its first meeting, held the following October, the Headmaster John Langhorne was invited to become Hon. Patron of the Society and thus a link between the School and its former pupils was forged.

The ties established over a century ago have been strengthened through the succeeding years. We come together at formal celebrations such as Commemoration Day the Annual Dinner. The sporting matches between the Society and the School are always hard fought. Old Roffensians are always ready to contribute generously to the Appeals or help the School in a variety of ways to improve facilities or simply support the common purpose. The Executive Committee holds its meetings in the Headmaster's study in Satis House and has a Hon. School Liaison office who keeps the School and Society in touch with each other.

On 28th May 1998 the Society became a registered charity constituted as a company limited by guarantee and is therefore governed by a memorandum and articles of association. The company was incorporated on 28th April 1998 and took over the assets and liabilities of the Old Roffensian Society.

Charity Registration No. 1069762





Next Event...

Fri 15th December 2017
Senior School Carol Service

Click here for more details.


Blog...

Visit our Blog where you can find up to the minute news reports.

The latest blog...
Commemoration Day 2014



Charity Registration No. 1069762